Spring is in the air, which can motivate many people to take up a new exercise routine. If yoga videos for beginners inspired you to learn more about this mind-body regimen, you'll be happy to know that these exercises can improve flexibility, body composition and stress management.
But being the newbie in class isn't always fun. How do you get the most out of your Massachusetts yoga class? Fit Sugar offers six tips.
1. Try not to eat anything heavy within two hours before exercise. If you need to munch on something close to class time, pick a light snack that is easy to digest and low in fiber. Bananas are a good example.
2. Teachers may feel the need to adjust your poses. If they start to do something too painful, feel free to tell them.
3. Do not attempt advanced poses until you are skilled enough and warmed up.
4. Allow yourself enough travel time to get to class so you are not late.
5. Women should wear clothing that is relaxed – but not too relaxed, so as to preserve modesty.
6. If you tend to sweat profusely, bring a hand towel so you can clean yourself up before getting back to practice.